Changing the 8920 & 8930 print
head, shield and Page Finder sensor
1. Open carriage cover and tear
2. Power off printer and move printhead to center.
3. Remove ribbon.
4. Using a Torx-#10 driver remove top 2 screws.
5. Remove printhead retainer shown
6. Disconnect right and left printhead
7. Disconnect sensor cable.
8. Gently rock printhead upward off the 2 positioning pins. ( Caution: Print
head may be HOT. )
9. Gently pull back on the right
side of the shield with your index finger until a small gap appears between
the shield and the upright posts. (Caution: Shield edges may be sharp
or jagged where worn or damaged. )
10. Slide a small flat-blade screw driver into the gap and detach the
shield from the post.
11. Perform steps 9 & 10 on the left side of the shield and lift out
12. Using a Torx #15 remove the screw holding the Page Finder sensor.
13. Once the shield has been removed the sensor should lift out freely.
14. Insert a new sensor.
Note: When the shield has been removed, inspect the ribbon shield for
damage on all edges and surfaces for bends, dents or wrinkles.
Replace ribbon shield if any damage or worn surfaces are found.
15. Insert the shield by sliding
it from the top of the posts at a slight angle downward.
15. Press or snap the shield in
place as shown at right.